Scenekids
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Scenekids

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

My Passion

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Lanncakes
Staff
Lanncakes

Aantal berichten : 192
Registratiedatum : 09-02-10
Leeftijd : 29

My Passion Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: My Passion   My Passion Emptywo feb 10, 2010 2:47 pm

[Je moet geregistreerd en ingelogd zijn om deze afbeelding te kunnen zien.]

My Passion are an English dance punk band formed in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England in 2005. They released their debut album, Corporate Flesh Party, in May 2009 on Mascot Records. Produced by John Mitchell at Outhouse Studios in Reading, the album features eleven tracks, six of which are re-recorded versions of older demos either presented only on the band's MySpace, or released on their Style Suicide record label.

My Passion formed in late 2005 after previous band, glam-rock act, Shard split. The only difference in line up to Shard is that bassist Charlie was replaced by Simon Rowlands. All other members, childhood friends who grew up and were in bands together from a young age, resumed their roles on their respective instruments. The last months of 2005 were spent writing new material to compliment their re-invention and then promoting it on online social networking site, MySpace in preparation for the next year.

On Friday 3rd February 2006, My Passion played their first live date under their new name at Simon Price's London goth club night, Stay Beautiful. Throughout 2006, My Passion toured and promoted their releases, Make Me Butterfly which is one of Shard's last songs, Bitter Too and Winter For Lovers. The former two had physical CD releases and the latter was available for digital download only. Stylistically, the songs represented an up-tempo and more hard-edged departure from Shard's 2004 album "InPerfection" and the earliest My Passion demos, Modern Way To Madness and One Joy Kid, though still used the soft edged and sometimes ethereal synth textures that made them a popular act with the glam crowd at Stay Beautiful. One new track played live on the 2006 tours was The Fabulous Blood Disco, the title of which became somewhat of a tag-line for the band, being printed on merchandise and used by singer Laurence onstage to describe the band and the live experience. A demo was recorded and although never released officially, some fans claim to have heard it or been played it by the band. This track was also re-recorded for the album. Towards the end of the year, My Passion debuted songs Hot In The Dolls House and Last Day In Paradise. The former, which would become the A-Side to the next single, was recorded and co-produced by David Ryder-Prangley and had low budget video shot for it which was shown in TopShop's flagship store on Oxford Street, London. The year culminated in a second, celebratory performance at Stay Beautiful on New Year's Eve.

Even before being signed by Mascot Records in 2009, My Passion secured many sponsorship deals with companies including Cort Guitars, Hughes and Kettner and Hartke amplification, Stagg Music cymbals and Ernie Ball who provide the band with plectrums and guitar strings. The band's most prolific sponsorship deal however was arguably with drink corporation, Red Bull. Since signing the deal in 2008, the band have played under the company's banner at Underage, Download and T in The Park Festivals, as well as having their music featured on adverts for the Red Bull X Fighters Motocross event and in the teen drama, Freak, in which the characters attend a My Passion gig. The program was broadcast on MySpace. In February of 2010 My Passion Joined All Time Low, The Blackout & Young Guns on the Kerrang! Relentless UK tour.

Concerten in Nederland:
03 10 2008: Kill Hannah tour (support) @ Melkweg, Amsterdam.
12 11 2009: London Burning tour @ Atak, Enschede.
13 11 2009: London Burning tour @ Patronaat, Haarlem
- canceled vanwege overlijden van een vriend.
15 11 2009: London Burning tour @ 013, Tilburg.
01 05 2010: Kill Hannah tour @ Melkweg, Amsterdam.

Video's:
Hot In The Dolls House

Day Of The Bees

Never Everland
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://scenekids.omgforum.net

My Passion
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Scenekids :: Mosh 'n Roll :: Bands-
Ga naar: